[Advaita-l] Aparna Name of Parvati

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Wed Jul 25 07:21:37 CDT 2012

Dear Sri V.Subramanian
In Lalitha Sahasranamam the 754th namavali is Aparnayai nama:Apart from the
meanings that She made tapasya without eating even a dried  leaf-parna is
dried leaf-as in parna sala for a hut like dwelling,and She does not owe any
debt as you had said,Sri Paramacharyal had  commented in His own
beautifulway:Shiva is called Sthanu.That is He is still,unshakable and
almost like a stump of a tree.Vruksha iva Sthabdha:says Maha Narayana
Upanishad.Parvathi is like a leaf less -Aparna-creeper around Him.This I
found in Sri  Lalitha Sahasranama Bhashyam.R.Krishnamoorthy.