[Advaita-l] Apoureshyatva - Faith or Logic?

rajaramvenk at gmail.com rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 07:54:06 CDT 2012

Hemeneutics and Language in Sabara is a good reference. But if you know sanskrit well, I suggest you read the originals. I'm learning sanskrit so that Ill not be reliant on translations.

BTW, sabda is eternal. Is "Michael Jackson" eternal? The answer is no. The Vedas have loukika words because they came in to usage by convention or vyavahara. The words such as go are eternal. But if we create a new word through composition or modification, the new words will not be eternal. For example dadhi + anna = dhahyanna does not add dhadhyanna to the corpus of eternal sabda. It is a modification.