[Advaita-l] Holenarsipur Swamiji's remarks and why even Avidya is not necessary for Advaita

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 10:20:40 CST 2012

Namaste

A drunkard sitting in a bar can drink a few glasses and say 'The world
is not real. It is all Maya. It is all Mithya'. Why should we go to
Advaita Vedanta to listen to this message? Vedanta does not propagate
Mayavada. Adi Sankara did not propagate Mayavada. Some others coming
after him have spread the highly negative Mayavada philosophy. We must
avoid it. We have to follow the correct Vedantic goal. That is
Brahman. If possible try to understand Brahmavada priinciple Sarvam
Khalvidam Brahma.

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM, amith vikram <vikram.amith at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Mr murthy,
>
> Please stop embarrassing yourself by posting some nonsense. Adi
> shankaracharya was an ocean of knowledge and mercy. His philosophy was
> titiksha, vairagya, jnana nishta unlike the melodramatic 'bhakti'(biased,
> filled with false sense superiority). If you want to know what is bhakti,
> read bhaja govindam or shivananda lahiri. If possible, try to understand a
> single verse.
>
> If the world is real, why would anyone renounce? Are people crazy to be
> doing all those tyagas and sacrifices while god has created this beautiful
> world for us to enjoy. If everything is verily brahman, then there is
> nothing to attain. But how to be free of hunger thirst and desires which
> creeps in periodically? You must be knowing this, I am sure.

Regards

-Venkatesh