[Advaita-l] Is the concept of maya essential to explain advaita?

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 19:24:49 CST 2012

Shree Rajaram - PraNAms

With due respects, Shri Balasubramanian has not recognized that his own existence and the words he stated cannot be explained without maaya. Maya is a force that makes one to appear as many. any change of state requires a force and forces has locus - this the fundamental law of physics. It is like stating I do not need gravitational force to explain apple falling down. For one to become many there has to be a driving force. Maaya in vedanta comes since all pervading consciousness is appearing as inert entities - which is impossible on a realistic scale. Hence maaya is defined as aghaTita ghaTanaa paTiiyasii - that which makes impossible possible.

Hari Om!
Sadananda