[Advaita-l] Advaiti Response to this report?

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 16 00:02:13 CST 2012

> Advaita has accepted Sat is always existing and Asat is opposite to
> Asat. Sat is Brahman only. But from Sruti 'Sarvam Khalvidam Brahma'
> everything is Sat only. There is no Asat. What you see the world is
> Sat. It is not Mithya.
>
> But Advaitis are caught up in Mayavada only insted of Sadvada. This is
> also coming from Gaudapada saying 'Na Kinchit Jayate'. But we have to
> change this saying 'Na Kimchit Vinashyati'. Why is this more correct?
> Because everything is Sat and there is no destruction for Sat.

Not to fast. Again, again and yet again, you prove to this list that you don'tunderstand the first thing about the upanishads and advaita vedAnta. "We
have to change"??? Who gave you the authority to change anything?
You are apparently not aware of the usage of the word mriyate, right afterjAyate, in three verses of the gauDapAda kArikA.
Need I remind you of the gItA verses that say jAtasya hi dhruvo mRtyuH and
na jAyate mriyate vA kadAcit? That which is born has an end. That which
is never born can never end. It would be superfluous after a point to keep
mentioning this, for gauDapAda. If you think you've just had a major insight,
think again.
Therefore, before you get on your bandwagon and claim to be a betterphilosopher about sat and asat than gauDapAda and SankarAcArya, read
the prasthAna trayI first, preferably under the guidance of a good paNDita,
then assimilate it all at a fundamental level (at least try to) and then get
back us with something that makes a modicum of sense. Sorry, you leave
me no choice but to be harsh, yet again, in responding to you.
That said, I am now going to put on my list moderator hat. On Tuesday,
Jan 17, this thread ends. I am giving you fair notice instead of declaring it
closed right now. Do not continue this thread after that time. I request other
list members who may have anything to add, to do so within the next day.
Vidyasankar