[Advaita-l] Surya is the Atma of All and Best Approximation for Brahman

Kalyan K kalyankc.81 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 22:27:59 CST 2012

>The Surya that we see every day is _not_ the Surya that is the atma of
all.

Jaldharji, in the Aditya hrudayam, (which is about the Surya that we see
everyday), Aditya is considered as the supreme Ishwara.

Even Lord rAma worshipped sUrya before battling with rAvaNa.

In the modern day, sUrya worship is also done through vishNu worship (and
hence the name sUrya nArAyaNa). For example, in tirumala, we see utsavas
being performed for malayappa swamy on ratha saptami day.

Regards
Kalyan