[Advaita-l] Bhakti and Jnana

Kalyan K kalyankc.81 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 01:22:08 CST 2012

"Rajaram: According to her, it is Sankara's as well."

Rajaramji, with all due respect to Dr. Sanjukta, I find it difficult to
accept that it is Sankara's view that bhakti does not get sublated in
brahman. The available evidence (his major works, at least) does not seem
to support this viewpoint.

Still, this is a matter worth investigating (for me) and perhaps the best
places to start are the so-called "other" works of Sankara. May be we can
find something in these "other" works that support this view. You say that
the vishNu sahasranAma bhAshya is accepted as a genuine work of Adi Sankara
by scholars. If possible can you please throw more light on how scholars
came to this conclusion?

Thanks
Kalyan