[Advaita-l] Did Madhusudana Saraswati Reconcile Bhakti and Advaita?

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 22:53:20 CST 2012

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com/>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 10:13, Sunil Bhattacharjya <
sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Moreover, wherever madhusUdana show another explanation, he does it in a
> humble manner, sometimes by showing reverence to bhagavatpAda and his words
> and showing triviality of himself and his words. See gUDhArthadIpikA on
> gItA.
> Unquote
>
> If there are differences let us say "there are". The civility is another
> issue, though essential. That (civility) can neither strengthen nor
> weaken any argument.

Sorry for previous haste reply.

Explaining a few words in a way other than that of sha~Nkara doesn't prove
madhusUdana opposed to him as long as he is committed to non-duality. And
supporting bhakti in bhakti-texts is not such a conflict. Now my position
is clear and repetition is useless. So, I retire.