[Advaita-l] Did Madhusudana Saraswati Reconcile Bhakti and Advaita?

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 23:25:15 CST 2012

Namaste,

You said
I have seen a (Dvaita) scholar writing in a book on the three major schools of Vedanta: it would be proper to say that since the Buddhists formulated their system borrowing from the NirguNa Brahman of the Upanishads they are 'pracchanna Vaidika-s'.

Unquote

It will be nice if you can kindly let us know the name of this Dvaita scholar as well as the name of the book he had written.

Of course, some statements of some people have to be taken with a pinch of salt.  For example Yamunacharya called Adi Sankaracharya as the Pracchanna Buddha. At other times it becomes difficult to oppose some statements. For example the fifth Veda (ie. the Purana) tells us that Lord Buddha was one of the avataras of Lord Vishnu. Much more confounding is the fact that Lord Buddha also talked about Brahman in one of the suttas.

Regards,

Sunil KB