[Advaita-l] Vegetarianism

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Mon Apr 23 06:25:31 CDT 2012

Kman,

//

It is for the educated and learned to take a lead in correcting the inhuman
practices

//

We are not here to judge and give certificates to shrauta ritualists whether they are human or inhuman.  Before giving such sweeping remarks, request you to study shrauta sutras and don't pass your own judgements which shows your lack of proper understanding of pUrva mimAmsa.

I must say that some of the finest intellectuals, scholars, upAsakAs, tAntrics are from Kashmir, Bengal, Bihar, Orissa etc.

As regards your other observations, i don't wan't to comment.

sriram

PS: Personally, i don't advocate mAmsa bhakSaNa but i spent my childhood days in
Bengal (had my entire schooling in Kharagpur) and have personally studied some of the bengali works in original.