[Advaita-l] Vegetarianism

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Sun Apr 15 10:30:41 CDT 2012

Namaste,

///

Don't we cut the plant to get rice?"

//

We should take only such food which is conducive to our spiritual growth. *AhAra shuddhau sattva shuddhiH* says the shruti.

These is all vitaNDavAdana of the so-called today's agnostics.

Somebody asked Gandhiji about his strict-vegetarianism and questioned about his habit of drinking goat's milk as it is also a product from an animal.  Gandhiji replied that in that case we all should be snubbed as cannibals because we all had mother's milk at the time of our birth which has come from our mother.

regs,
sriram