[Advaita-l] A news item

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 13 14:10:30 CDT 2012

> I do not understand how we internalizing our texts will prevent some one
> misusing them. Blaming ourselves for others faults is unjust. However, you

It won't prevent others from misusing them, because that genie is already
out of the bottle and you can't put it back. However, it will inform, at a very
deep level, how we respond to such misuse. The only thing I would blame
ourselves for is a failure to truly understand what our own texts mean.

> are a deep thinker and would like to understand your solution pl.

Thanks for the compliment, although I don't know if I have any one solution,
except to state that each one of us needs to have our own solutions.

The first two steps  for all these solutions, is to develop a sufficient knowledge
base and confidence in our own heritage, to be able to turn the conversation
around; to move on from being the objects studied by modern academic
disciplines, instead becoming those doing the studies, whether within the
modern disciplines or outside of them.

Regards,
Vidyasankar