[Advaita-l] Iswara swaruupam - 3

rajaramvenk at gmail.com rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 09:54:30 CDT 2012

Whatever I have given within quotes in my post is from Sankara Bhashya on these verses. It already answers all the objections posed by you including my basis for one Maya seen as two. Just to repeat the crux, Sankara clearly says, "the omniscient Ishwara is the cause of the Universe through these two prakrtis". So, your equation Ishwara = Brahman + Apara Maya has no basis in Sankara's words especially when Sankara says para maya is essentially Ishwara.

Instead of starting a Nirishwara Advaita school of thought directly contradicting Sankara, it is better to join Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris. At least they are based on science.

Ishwara in reality: Will you worship Rama thinking that one day I will get rid of Him because He is after all a product of impure prakrti ?  It is like getting in to a marriage with the intention to kill the spouse (saguna brahman) for insurance money (nirguna brahman). To understand swarupa of Rama is a different matter. It  is understanding that the particular manifestation is assumed for our sake due to our limitations within vyavahara. Our eagerness for the Lord impels us towards understanding His swarupa transcendent to every particular. Ishwara in reality is Brahman and His manifestation is para-mayika, which is essentially Himself.