[Advaita-l] Pitrupaksha questions and on what is Karma?

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 05:45:43 CDT 2011

Body

> Jai Sri Krsna

Namaste Srikantaji,

> What is karma?

Law of Action

> What is nitya karma

Actions which are obligatory and should be performed daily

> what is naimittika karma?

Actions performed on occassions.

> What are kamya karmas?

Action performed for the desire of something

> From what you write that your mind is filled with vaccum while
> driving,there is no sense of doership! You say there is a vaccum while
> driving,there is no sense of driving,there is no sense of doership etc.not
> even a sense of direction!
Krunal makhwanaji
When my question was what isĀ  karma,you have answered Law of action which is a mere English translation of the sankrit wordWhat are the implements of performing karma?Can you consider eating,drinking sleeping,walking,writing under Karma or does the word karma has a different and deeper significance.?Are these not obligatory as per your definition or do they have different meaning and significance.Are not the above desires?Is the performance of the karmas are as simple as drriving which you have answered?
I hope you bear in mind that I am not patronising you,but bringing the view point to attention.
N.Srikanta.