[Advaita-l] Pitrupaksha.

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 04:25:27 CDT 2011

You say that prior to Jnana there has to be Jignasa

//

Jignasa is not talking about vedanta by shunning sadAchAra & swadharma.

Among the ladder of sapta bhUmikAs, the first rung is shubhEccha. This shubhEccha
germinates vairAgya.  This vairAgya should be strengthened with vedanta vichara.
This paves the way for 2nd rung called vichAraNa. Followed by tanumAnasaH,
sattvApattiH, asaMsakti, padArtha bhAvana, turyagaH.

To climb the 1st rung in this ladder itself, one should be equipped with sAdhana chatuShTaya.

So, it is upto themselves to introspect where do they stand in terms of jnAna mArga.

regs,
sriram
Infact srishankara has covered all this in his Adhyasa Bhashya.If one has no Sadachara and Svadharma he will not come to this!If we are stiil saying we donot have this,and sit where he is,then it is better not to begin this!
N.Srikanta.