[Advaita-l] Difference between Sankhya and Advaita

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 18 03:54:10 CDT 2011

Sir,

"there is a wider reference or books", "The existence of Kundalini and the chakras are very much true"

is very vague. The question is not how true or valid kundalini yoga itself is - the question is whether pAtanjala yoga is centered on it. It is not.

Shankar
With reference to the above,I would like to know from the writer the following points:
By the name,"Patanjala Yoga"what does the writer understand?I want an explanation on many aspects found in "Patanjala Yoga".
1)What is cittavrtti nirodhah?Can the cittavrtti be stopped?
2)Infact, Patanjala Yoga or its commentaries doesnot give any explanation on so many points.Can it be explained.?
3)How doyou know that the Patanjala yoga is not centred on Kundalini?
4)Unless the questioner know for certain that it is not centred on it,he cannot say that it is not.
5)Can the questioner explain what does Patanjala Yoga is?
6)What is Samadhi pada?What is the "Ritambara"prajna foun in Samadi pada?
7)Unless these questions are answered,one cannot come to a definite conclusion.
8)Finally,why is it treated that Sankhya is the theoretical part and Patanjala Yoga darshanam is the practical part of it,and together they form a composite combination?Infact,this has been the view from the list.
N.Srikanta.