[Advaita-l] Why Shankara?

Subramanya Uchangi Hiriyannaiah subramanyauh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 12:12:49 CDT 2011

There is a book titled " How to recognise  the Method of Vedanta" by Sri Sri
Sri Satchidanandendra Saraswathi Swamiji of Holenarasipur, which is
available on their web site by clicking the following link. It is in djVu
format . You can down load it.

http://www.adhyatmaprakasha.org/Books/english/e4/e4.djvu?djvuopts&zoom=page

further the link given in the mail takes to Satchidanandendra only and hence
the desired book may be same what is wanted and not that of Alston

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 9:36 PM, subhanu saxena <subhanu at hotmail.com> wrote:

> S Jayanarayan wrote
>
> "Namaste.
>
> I don't have the book "The Method of the Vedanta" by Alston with me, but I
> remember reading about a set of reasons as to why Sankara's commentaries are
> to be taken as the "right" interpretation of Vedanta. For example, one of
> the reasons is "Because Sankara's commentaries are the oldest available" or
> words to that effect.
>
> Can someone please direct me to where this section of the book (barely 3-4
> pages) may be available online?"
>
> It is available on pages  24 and 25 of the google books link, section II
>

> http://books.google.ch/books?id=ZMkbWhjE2M4C&pg=PA548&lpg=PA548&dq=method+of+the+vedanta&source=bl&ots=gjkVZEK8ob&sig=QQhM8MZdaTMYOiwkIc_afihZ8x8&hl=en&ei=fXNzTrKsFo6P4gSogqG6DQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBwQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false
>
> Regards
> Subhanu

Warm regards

*U H Subramanya
**सुब्रह्मण्यः यु हेच्
ಸುಬ್ರಹ್ಮಣ್ಯ ಯು ಹೆಚ್*

*080-23284740, 9341323940, 9986031949
#39, 11th Cross, I Main, Prashanthanagar, Bengaluru 560079.*
*
*
*Visit http://www.satchidanandendra.org for e-Study of Brahma Sutra Shankara
Bhashya.*