[Advaita-l] Apaurusheyatva of Vedas.

Ramakrishna Upadrasta uramakrishna at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 17:20:43 CDT 2011

2011/9/9 Omkar Deshpande <omkar_deshpande at yahoo.com>:
> Namaskara,
>
> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 22:27, Omkar Deshpande wrote:
>
> I am aware of an argument that parataH-prAmANya leads to an infinite regress, but that does not apply to the third option above, since pratyakSha is at the root. What do you think about this?
>>

> <<<This too was intended by me as parataH-prAmANya-vAda.
> Now, you know my reply already.>>>
>

> Even if we call the third option I mentioned (where shabda and anumAna derive their validity from pratyakSha) by the name of parataH-prAmANya, I don't know why svataH-prAmANya is preferable to it, especially given that there is no infinite regress now. How would you argue that?

namaste

I seems that above argument would make the pratyaxa as "supreme",
possibly making vedic-pramaaNa subservient to it, This would mean that
entities likes svarga/apavarga which the vedic testimony talks about,
and which cannot be accepted by pratyaxa supported by anumaana alone
would contradict parts of vedic testimony! Hence cannot be accepted.

namaste
Ramakrishna