[Advaita-l] Apaurusheyatva of Vedas.

Gopi Sankaran gkoct68 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 23:52:42 CDT 2011

Apureshyatva of vedas I think was mainly intended to indicate that There is
no Pouresheya Dosha. A book written by an individual may have his intention
along with it. May be over emphasis or if an injunction is given it may be
perceived as given out of greed or with ulterior motives. Such a dosha cant
be there in Vedas. To emphasise that it is concluded that  Vedas are
apouresheya. Not only that even to explain one the taste of puliahora I took
in the morning will be very difficult to put in words or make one understand
the real taste I had and real feeling I had. ie. It is almost impossible to
tell in human words. That means my pleasure or knowledge was more than what
I told in words. So it  becomes less than the ultimate. So it is dosha, may
be a pouresheya dosha. To emphasise this ulitmate truth we are forced to
call Vedas as apouresheya. Where the Pratayaksha and Anumana pramanas fail,
there comes the Vedas to emphasise a point. So the vedas have to be
interpreted as Apuresheya. There are no MantraKartas there are only manthra
dhrishtas in our ancient tradition. This argument also to evade the
poureshya dosha only.
Just sharing my thought that is all. Itis not a rejoinder.

R.Rajagopal