[Advaita-l] chaturdashi nirNaya- ananta padmanAbha vrataM??

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Thu Sep 8 22:57:26 CDT 2011

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011, D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ wrote:

> As per the drk-siddha panchanga I have chaturdasi is upto 1.10 pm on Sunday
> the
> 11th Sept. 2011 and Anantachaturdasi is listed on that day.
>
> regards,
> Sarma.
>
> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:
>
>> praNAms
>> Hare Krishna
>>
>> Could any one educate me when to observe ananta padmanAbha vrataM in this
>> bhAdrapada mAsa ?? whether it is Saturday (chaturdashi starts after 11) or
>> Sunday ( chaturdashi will be over by 11-55 am)??  Sri Anand Hudli prabhuji
>> or Sri Sri Ram prabhuji any help on this??

According to nirNayasindhu quoting kAlamAdhava,

udaye trimuhUrtApi grAhyAnantavrate tithiH |

"The ananta vrata should be performed when the [14th] tithi is prevailing
three muhurtas [144 minutes) after sunrise."

so it would seem Sunday is the correctt day in India.  In the USA sunrise
is at 6:34am EDT and at 8:58am chaturdashi is already in progress so
Saturday would be the correct day.