[Advaita-l] Scholarly Article on why vedas are valid

srirudra at vsnl.com srirudra at vsnl.com
Mon Oct 24 08:02:51 CDT 2011

Dears
As vedas are held eternal it is but natural to hold them as the source of  true knowledge  of the causes of all phenomena observed.It equally applies to mundane as well as transcendental.We do come across certain contradictions regarding the natural phenomena as observed with proven scientific methods and as explained in the Vedas.Science is able to explain why it rains and why it does not.But it deals with assumptions that water gets evaporated because of sun`s heat and gets up becomes cloud and blown by wind gets higher and as it reaches higher altitudes gets cooled becomes denser,heavier and because of gravitational pull falls as rain on the surface.But it has no answer as to why water should get evaporated on heating,why it should soar up and why wind should blow it etc there is no answer except that it is the nature of water,it is nature of wind etc.Also we find that inspite of all factors necessary for raining being there rains do not occur.So hows are explained by sci
ence on observed data and their constancy but not the whys.Whys are explained by the Vedas is my conviction.If one observes the working of nature one will understand that science is not able to answer all questions and scientific instruments-tried and tested -also fail to work .So it is not true that science explains and all its postulations are verifiable.As a famous surgeon said I only do the surgery .He only heals,showing up the Heavens.R.Krishnamoorthy.