[Advaita-l] Scholarly Article on Why Vedas are Valid

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 02:23:45 CDT 2011

> I don't say that veda-s have higher authority always and everywhere.
> But, if you feel, then they may have.

Opponent: "Do Vedas have any authority? They are just the opinions of
ancient poets". We dont accept the imaginations and thoughts of modern poets
and writers as an truth or sacred. Of course, we recognize the value of
their thoughts. Then why should we accept the opinions and writings of the
Vedic seers are sacred truths? If it is down to belief, then it is like any
other belief system.