[Advaita-l] Scholarly Article on Why Vedas are Valid

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 06:39:01 CDT 2011

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 11:21, Rajaram Venkataramani
<rajaramvenk at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Shri Lalitaalaalitah,
>
> The words "Narayana param brahma tattvam Narayana parah" and "Einstein is
> the best scientist of the last century" are both words.

Correct.

> The opponent
> argument is that both are words, opinion of people and not necessarily
> true.

They are not necessarily wrong too.

> Just as we cannot say that the opinion of a poet living today is not a
> means
> to correct knowledge, the opinion of ancient rishis are not.

So, do you want to say that - veda-s are not valid means of knowledge
because they are words ?
If yes, your words saying 'veda-s are not valid' is also not able to
generate valid knowledge in me. So, it proves that veda-s are pramANa.
If no, then what do you mean ?