[Advaita-l] Scholarly Article on Why Vedas are Valid

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 19:34:02 CDT 2011

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 21:28, Rajaram Venkataramani
<rajaramvenk at gmail.com>wrote:

> The counter to Vedas are pramana is simple. Vedas are learnt through ears,
> remembered with the mind,  chanted with the tongue and interpreted with
> intelligence (mind again in the west).

So is the case of any word.
So no word is pramANa. Hummmm...
One who says such things must shut down his mouth as he will be using it to
utter useless sounds.
*
*

> Based on historical , astronomical,
> textual and lingusitic analysis, many scholars have argued that they are
> less than a few thousand years old.

Sometime ago links to articles of kA~nchi-swAmI were posted by someone. They
will be helpful.

*A a man made text that is learnt like
> any other through direct perception and inference cannot be called a means
> of knowledge different from direct perception and inference.*

This shows that any word is not pramANa.

So, do you mean to say that no word is pramANa ?
If yes, we must start a new thread : "shabda is pramANa or not".