[Advaita-l] Scholarly Article on Why Vedas are Valid

Sudhakar Kabra sudhakarkabra at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 22:51:26 CDT 2011

Namaste shri Raghav ji.

Whatever may be served by these devatas, other egyptian / tantrika philosophy may have their own means and vaidikas have their own. So, I think the end result is what matters rather than the existence of the same or different devata and with the same name or other.
An equivalent of Hapy could be Indra who brings rain (instead of flood) and fertility to agriculture.

Our Indian philosophy is full of innumerable devatas, so much so that it cannot be visualized. (Some say 33 crores devi devata) There can be an equivalent but with a different name and form, who knows. The research of devatas residing in deva loka is a deviant from the results what the scriptures ultimately proclaim to say- ekam, advitiyam.

Regards
S.Kabra