[Advaita-l] Veda as source of dharma.

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ dvnsarma at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 23:29:15 CDT 2011

2011/10/11 श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com>

> *श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
> lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*
>

> 2011/10/10 D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ <dvnsarma at gmail.com>
>
> > If other sources can never have the same strength as Veda
> > it is not necessary for Gautama to write that sutra तुल्यबलविरोधे
> विकल्पः।
> > Therefore in commentators view  Gautama is atleast
> > illinformed or a fool.
> >

> No.
> It is true that no other pramANa has same force as veda-s.
> Even in this condition 'tulyabalavirodhe vikalpaH' is not uselss.
> How ?
> It is useful when we see conflict between two shruti-s, or two smR^iti-s or
> two shiShTAchAra-s.

As 'atirAtre ShoDashinaM gR^ihNAti' and 'nAtirAtre ShoDashinaM gR^ihNAti' -
> shruti-s have conflict and they have same strength. So, we get that both
> case are valid options.

Well, this puts the charge of mutually contradictory injunctions to this
infallible
source of dharma i.e., veda. No reply why this infallible and apaurusheya
veda
shoud give mutually contradictory injunctions.

Besides Gautama mentioned immediately before this sutra two pramanas,
Veda and sistachara. From context it is reasonable to assumed that he is
taking
about a conflict between them.

regards,
Sarma.

So, sUtrakAra didn't commit any error by writing this sUtra and commentator