[Advaita-l] Scholarly Article on Why Vedas are Valid

Sudhakar Kabra sudhakarkabra at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 23:03:22 CDT 2011

Respected sir,

>From time immemorial the question of comparing scientific theories with philosophical theories have been questioned and discussed by many. A common thing which people always miss is that the scientific theories are in the realm of world and spiritual theories are in the realm of transcendental.

So comparison of Darwin's theory with Sankara's vedanta is a useless task. Philosophy clearly states that where the worldly knowledge ends, the spiritual knowledge starts. We have two different types of knowledge in operation here. (Sukshma buddhi and tikshna buddhi)

Just because a philosophical theory cannot fit in the scientific theory or vice versa, one cannot throw away the other. Ultimately it is the belief which one adheres to, even though there may not be an immediate proof of it. Finally with so many intellectual personalities in any fields is available, one cannot force the other on his point of view. The acceptance comes on its own because of his belief which also changes with time.

regards
S.kabra