[Advaita-l] Nitya Karma question

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 05:18:47 CDT 2011

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 14:40, Ramesh Krishnamurthy <rkmurthy at gmail.com>wrote:

> why the advaitin-s recognize
> anupalabdhi as a separate pramANa and then compare that with what is said
> in
> the taittirIya bhAShya introduction on the issue of pratyavAya.

Your view was :
for traivarNika-s non-performance is not abhAva.

We are saying that :
for anyone non-performance is not a cause of pratyavAya.

I don't see any use of presenting anupalabdhi here.
anupalabdhi is actually knowledge of abhAva. And it is instrument to know
pratyavAya. It is accepted. It doesn't mean that abhAva becomes kAraNa.
So says shrI-Ananda-giri :
asmAbhistAvadabhAvasya svarUpeNa kAraNatvam neShTam. kintu tajGYAnasya
pratyavAyagamakatvamiShTam.

So, clearly abhAva is not kAraNam of pratyavAya but it's knowledge is
kAraNam of knowledge of pratyavAya.

So, I don't see any use of presenting anupalabdhi here.

I can't understand why for some people a thing is abhAva and for others
bhAva ?
Things don't change nature according to people. And whatever changes in them
according to people is definitely not their nature.

So, even for traivarNika-s non-performance is abhAva of performance and
hence it can't cause any bhAva entity.