[Advaita-l] Nitya Karma question

Kathirasan K brahmasatyam at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 09:40:50 CDT 2011

Namaste

Shankara's position makes it very clear that nityakarma helps in
neutralizing pratyavaya. And that is a great incentive to anyone regardless
of one's nishta to perform nityakarmas or else one would have to face one's
papa which will inevitable bring misery to one's body sense mind complex.

I don't see a lack of motivation to do karmas having read shankara's
position on this matter. On the other hand, it only urges one to do one's
duties/karmas, especially for mumukshus who aren't sannyasins.