[Advaita-l] vedic yajna

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 06:03:39 CST 2011

Namaste

2011/11/25 श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com>:
> *श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
> lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*
>

> On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 15:50, Venkatesh Murthy <vmurthy36 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This line of argument is faulty.  If only theory is known and practice
>> is different from theory there is no use of this theory. If theory is
>> saying Madhuparka must have meat and practice is saying Madhuparka
>> does not have meat it is clear practice is the winner of the contest.
>> Adi Sankara may have studied Mimamsa theory but when practice is
>> different we cannot take the theory words as direct meaning. We have
>> to take indirect meaning to satisfy the practice. He said Bull Meat
>> but in practice there is no Bull meat. Also in practice we know to
>> make son learned he must study hard. He will not become learned
>> because his father ate meat and impregnated his mother.
>>

> If practice has no basis in scriptures (called by you as theory), then why
> are you giving medal to practice ? Don't show bias and always remember that
> we don't do anything blindly. We need pramANa to support practice.
I agree with you we need Pramana for practice. But here the Shastra
says two contradicting things in two places. In Yajur Veda Samhita
Ishe Tvorje it has said cows are Aghniya and in Br Upanishad for
getting a learned son a man can eat Bull meat with rice. How to solve
this contradiction? Practice is the solution. In Practice there is no
beef eaten for getting a learned son. The Br Upanishad must be given
different interpretation to avoid Bull  meat consumption.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh