[Advaita-l] vedic yajna

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 04:19:27 CST 2011

Namaste

But there are many Srauta Yagas here the Pishta Pashu animal made from
food grains is used not a real animal.

Eating Mamsa is sin because Mamsa means Mam So Atti, He will eat me.
Who will eat whom? If you eat Mamsa today the animal will eat you in
next Janma. The eating is reversed in the next Janma. The knowers of
Dharma Sastra say this.

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:
> Without expertise in rituals, one cannot interpret these passages as
> that will be superficial.
>
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> AFAIK, wherever the meat is suggested in shrauta yAga vidhi-s, without
> interpreting these injunctions in a peculiar way the Acharya would follow
> as it is..I myself have seen this ritual in sOma yAga held at Mattur some
> year back...Interestingly,  it is the part of the ritual in these shrauta
> yagna-s that adhvaryu will have to taste the meat..Though he is not taking
> it in quantity (just as we do in pongal, rasAyana, panchAmruta etc. :-))
> he will just touch the meat with the index finger and taste it at the tip
> of the tongue to complete the formality.
>
> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

Regards

-Venkatesh