[Advaita-l] Traditional Scholarship vs Modern Pseudo-Intellectualism

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 11:06:32 CST 2011

Lord Ganesh memorized and understood instantaneously as Vyasa dictated.
Sage Kapila did know all the Vedas according to Shankara (Vishnu
Sahasranama). Sri Vaishnavas claim that Koorathazhwar memorized entire
commentary of Shankara to refute.

If we dont know the text by heart, we should not claim to be an expert. I
cannot say that I know your name if I cannot say it is for example
Thiruchirappalli Rajaram Venkataramani Iyer.

The other option is to say that I have learnt the essence from my acharya
and interpret consistent with that but academic scholars cannot claim that.