[Advaita-l] Structured approach in studying Advaita.

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 07:36:35 CDT 2011

I think the best structured approach is outlined in Shankara's Brahma sutra Bhashya.Starting with the 'Adhyasa Bhashya"Shankara has raised the "Purvapaksha',thye objections from various schools of thought like Mimamsa,Bhedhabhedha vadins,parinamavadins,Jnana-karma samuchaya vadins,the Nyaya,Vaisheshika,Sankhya,yoga,the various types of Buddhism has been clearly outlined in the bhashya on Brahmasutra bhashya of Shankara.One can get counterreferences from the books of these schools of philosophy for clarity.I think this is the best approach for studying the Advaita Vedanta,which is the only structured approach.
N.Srikanta.