[Advaita-l] Can a mithyA-vastu produce an effect? असत्यवस्तुनः अर्थक्रियाकारित्वम्

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com
Thu May 19 01:16:01 CDT 2011

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*

2011/5/19 Venkatesh Murthy <vmurthy36 at gmail.com>

> The Badhaka Jnana will be negating the object Jnana Vishaya but not
> Jnana.

You mean that bAdhaka-GYAna will prove object prAtibhAsika. GYAna is
vyAvahArika. And vyAvahArika GYAna causes vyAvahArika pleasure, etc.
Now tell me whether vyAvahArika-GYAna causes it independent of object or not
?
Not the first option as we say I have pleasure of food, sweets, etc.
So, second comes. If GYAna is not able to cause pleasure,etc. without its
object ; then it comes that object caused that. So, mithyA can produce
effect.