[Advaita-l] Reference to Baudhavatara

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 07:45:20 CDT 2011

It is not true that Lord Buddha banned all Vedic rituals. He advised Bimbisara to continue the Yajna without animal sacrifice.
When I had gone to Kashi<I asked some pundits who studied mimamsa when the word "Bauddhavatara is mentioned.They told me that because of the advent of Bauddhavatara which is mainly Jnanakhanda all the rituals were reduced to the jnanakhanda.The rituals which are being followed in the later part of kaliyuga is not even one-third.
N.Srikanta.