[Advaita-l] Idam na mama

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 03:03:50 CDT 2011

With reference to Sri.subramaniam and Sri.Jaldhar vyas's Email on the above
topic in reply to my Email on the above topic,I would like to say that It may
not be possible to even giveup one's own things,but it is possible not to be
greedy.This is supported by Adi shankara,when he says,"Yallabhase nija
karmopattam vittam tena vinodaya cittam".The first verse of Ishavasyam is
addressed to the Sanyasis as the bhshya of Shankara clearly explains.The second
verse,:
Kurvannevehakarmani jijivisheccatagm samah!
evam tvayi nanyahetosti
nakarma lipyate nare!!

Regards,
 N.Srikanta.