[Advaita-l] Sun Worship

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 11:16:56 CST 2011

The Mundaka mantra is, incidentally, referred to by Schrodinger too:

*Schrodinger wrote in his book Meine Weltansicht:*

* *

*“This life of yours which you are living is not merely a piece of this
entire existence, but in a certain sense the whole; only this whole is not
so constituted that it can be surveyed in one single glance. This, as we
know, is what the Brahmins express in that sacred, mystic formula which is
yet really so simple and so clear**; tat tvam asi,** this is you. Or, again,
in such words as **“I am in the east and the west, I am above and below, I
am this entire world.”*

* *

[This is a reference to the Mundaka Upanishad mantra:

*ब्रह्मैवेदममृतं पुरस्तात् ब्रह्म पश्चात् ब्रह्म उत्तरतो दक्षिणतश्चोत्तरेण ।
*

*अधश्चोर्ध्वं च प्रसृतं ब्रह्मैवेदं विश्वमिदं वरिष्ठम् ॥ **2.2.11 **॥ ]*

*All this that is in front is but Brahman, the immortal. Brahman is at the
back, as also on the right and the left.  It is extended above and below,
too.  This world is nothing but Brahman, the highest.*

*quoted from:
*

*
http://adbhutam.wordpress.com/2010/01/09/advaita-and-science-ix-schrodinger-and-vedanta/