[Advaita-l] Animal faced gods in Hinduism

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 04:31:04 CST 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 5:19 AM, Dr. Yadu Moharir <ymoharir at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear Jaldhar:
>
> I totally agree with you that "Advaita Vedanta shows us there is an
> alternative"
>
> Here is my alternative, that needs to be practiced not just discussed.
>
>   It is unfortunate that our spritual leaders never place the emphasis on
> practice.  They rather take pleasure and remain contented on acknowledging
> Acharys worship their rich philosophical heritage and forget the present and
> claim to remain academic "Vedaanti".
>
> All knowledge is for the living and enriching it.
>
> Just something to think about?
>
> Namaste.

The following URL contains a translation of the three-part series of
benedictory addresses delivered by the Jagadguru Sri Bharati Tirtha
Mahaswamiji of Sringeri.  All the three parts can be read along with the
'related material' on the right panel:

http://www.sringeri.net/2011/01/31/upadesha-lahari/bhakti-part-1.htm

Unless in an exclusively scholarly gathering, the Acharya never delves deep
on core Advaitic topics.  He always addresses the general audience on topics
of devotion to God, importance of adherence to sva-dharma, the practice of
moral values, etc.

Regards,
subrahmanian.v