[Advaita-l] Nodern science and Vedanta

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Jun 30 23:19:07 CDT 2011

Doesn't Sankara respect pariNAmavAda in BSB as the step to reach upwards.

praNAms Sri ram prabhuji
Hare Krishna

At the outset let me clarify that I am not against any deva-devata
upAsana.  And almost regularly I do chandi pArAyaNa,have attended more
than 50 chandi hOma-s as a  Ritvik  and in my devatArchana 'vinAyaka would
get the 'prathama pooja' always...But while examining the bhAshya vAkya-s
I think we have to be dispassionate in our approach without any subjective
attachment to any dogma.  Shankara does talk about the 'Ishwara shakti'
(the potence of lord) in geeta bhAshya but this does not mean that he
personifies this shakti and that person would be 'Adi parAshakti' devata
or brAhmi, mAhEshwari, vaishNavi ityAdi sapta mAtruka-s.  Here shakti is
nothing but prakruti ( we can remember here svetAsvatara shruti :  mAyAntu
prakrutiM vidyAm mAyinantu maheshwaraM) But as you know, in advaita
vedAnta parlance, contextually these terminologies have its own meaning
which cannot be theologized to fit our bill.

By the way prabhuji, which is that sUtra you are referring here in brahma
sUtra, kindly let me know.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar