[Advaita-l] Strange but true your wife belongs to Purohita?

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 15:56:52 CDT 2011

If you know the meaning of the mantra, it is said to be fully
effective. Otherwise, only half effective. If one recites the mantras
properly but does not know the meaning, then is she half-wife? Does he
have to marry the second time to "get the other half"? :)

We should learn veda karma with sraddha and out of love for dharma but
no need to go on a over drive.

On 20/06/2011, Venkatesh Murthy <vmurthy36 at gmail.com> wrote:
> We are seeing lot of marriages the Purohita is saying all Mantras of
> Vara bridegroom and he is doing everything.  Vara is dumbly observing.
>  Then the Vadhu bride will become Purohita's wife. One girl  from
> orthodox family said the same thing when her marriage was going on and
> she cannot be  bridegroom 's wife .   She caused big issue and elders
> comforted  her.    All this happening  because Brahmin boys are not
> learning necessary Mantras. They must learn Mantras.
>
> Regards
>
> -Venkatesh
>

> --
> Regards