[Advaita-l] Fwd: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 83, Issue 2

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 06:54:11 CDT 2011

Bhaskarji - PraNAms

I am sure Vidyaji will respond to you appropriately. But here is my understanding for whatever it is worth.

brahmavit braha eva bhavati - is not becoming like becoming but understanding that aham brahma asmi - (jiivo braha eva na aparaH). Brahman being infinite, no finite can become infinite-mathematically illogical. If I am already infinite but do not that I am that infinite, then understanding is what is required. With that understanding, the world which is continuously changing becomes mithyaa only, or apparently really but it is not really real; and what is real is its substantive, Brahman - that which is - dhyaaryate jagat - as Krishna says - that which supports the changing world of plurality - hence the world of plurality is understood by jnaani as mithyaa only. That is part of the knowledge of knowing aham brahmaasmi. In mithyaa, one can have devotee and deity relationships; and in fact all relationships - but jnaani understands that all are mithyaa i.e. sat asat vilakshaNam only. That is part of the definition or description of jnaani.
Brahma satyam
jagat mithyaa
jiivaH brahma eva, na aparaH
All three aspects are ingrained in the correct understanding of aham brahma asmi.

All questions, comments and descriptions dissolve at the mithyaa level. All relationships dissolve at mithyaa level that includes bhakti of devotee towards his ishTadevata. All transactions - of vyavahaara - dissolve at vyvahaara or mithyaa level only. All differences between one jnaani and other jnaani - all at mithyaa level - At paaramaarthika level - it is ekam eva advitiiyam. As long as BMI is there, which is at vyavahaara level, all the transactions at the vyavahaara can and will continue - jnaani and ajnaani differ only at that level. Where one understands that is only mithyaa while the other understanding it is real or satya.

This is the clean understanding of advaitam chaturtam manyante sa aatmaa - sa vijneeyaH.

Hari Om!
Sadananda