[Advaita-l] Definition of Jnani

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 14:05:00 CDT 2011

The Lord defines a jnani as *nitya yukta eka bhakti:*  (steadfast in one
pointed devotion). Madhusudana Saraswati names gopis, akrura and yudhistra
as examples of jnanis in this context. Even in the context of "*vasudevam
sarvam iti*", Madhusudana says that the jnani *constantly adores *with the
realization  that every thing and I are Vasudeva, the supreme object of
love. My understanding of advaitam is the jivan mukta is verily brahman
itself.  Brahman cannot even be said to know that "I exist" because it is
very jnanam.* In that state, where is the question of loving or adoring
because there is none else to love or adore?* Hence my questions, what is
the definition of jnani as per advaita tradition?