[Advaita-l] Shankara and Madhusudhana

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Jul 27 00:42:40 CDT 2011

I have read else where your article about vivekananda consuming beef !!
Where is the proof and in which book you studied this blasphemous
article.

praNAms Sri Sriram prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I think, in the 'complete works' series it is mentioned somewhere & I
vaguely remember that in his letters to disciples, swamiji himself
admitted that to withstand severe cold at foreign land he had to change
his diet and consumed beef & chain smoking !!  But not sure of the exact
reference & words..Most of the people are of the opinion based on his
writings & speech that he was not a good friend of brAhmins & never
hesitate to criticize their AchAra-vichAra.   But, despite all these
allegations, we must say swamiji, even today,  one of the most noted
personalities in the history of bhArateeya adhyAtmika paraMpara.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar