[Advaita-l] Shankara and Madhusudhana

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 08:19:58 CDT 2011

RV: I dont think Madhusudana's life is well chronicled because it is a mix of evidences and traditional legends. However, if you are able to point out literary evidences on deviation, I will be obliged. Pl. note that I have dealt with "apparent deviations" between Gudartha Dipika and Sankara. On advaita siddhi, it is a syncretic and polemic work. I would be surprised if you can establish deviation based on that but will wait to hear from you.
N.Srikanta.

 I dont think Madhusudana's life is that well chronicled but I would be curious to know if you have references to substantiate your position.
Iam not interested in the Chronology of Madhusudhana's life and legends.I want you to quote where the deviation occurs between "Gudartha deepika and Shankara Bhashya.Infact,Adwaita siddhi is considered as one in the trinity of  works with Naishkarmya siddhi of Sureshwara,Istasiddhi of Vimuktatman and Adwaita siddhi of Madhusudhana.and Scholars will be interested between the differences.
N.Srikanta.