[Advaita-l] Difference between Advaita Vedanta and the Supermind

sriram nagaraj sriram_photon at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 9 03:09:10 CDT 2011

Dear Sri Venkata Sriram ji,

Thanks for your input. I am deeply rooted in Sri Sankara Advaita, but I was interested in knowing about Sri Aurobindo's ideas, not to adopt them of course, but just for a knowledge of different ideas. Moreover, I wanted to know specifically the differences between the Supermind and our notion of Brahman.

As regards to his interpretation of the Rig Veda, I know that Sri Kavyakanta Ganapati Muni has similar views on the Rid Veda, and moreover, I know of a student of Sri Muni who later joined Sri Aurobindo.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Sriram Nagaraj

--The inner Light illuminates our minds--