[Advaita-l] Jnana and ajnana (Bhakti vs. Jnana)

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 05:35:16 CDT 2011

You are trivializing his work because it is not a one-off position in the
context of eulogizing bhakti but a consistent commentary based on
nyaya. Academic scholars hold different opinions that he was influenced
by Ramanuja or Gosvamis etc. And tried his best to reconcile bhakti and
advaita siddhanta but had to differ from Sankara in many places (BG
18.66). One traditional scholar told me that the tradition ignores
Madhusudana. LOL. Here is your advaita acharya who is influenced by dualist
vaishnavas, plagiarised their views on bhakti and even decided to take a
position against the venerable sankara. Pl. see power of bhakti and the
enchanting power of gopala krishna. LOL.

My hypothesis is that he does not differ from Sankara for reasons stated in
an earlier post. But I need to discuss facts before arrivingg at the thesis.