[Advaita-l] 'VinAyaka' in ShAnkara GItA BhAShyam

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 07:32:16 CDT 2011

namaste

>But this assumption would straight away puts all works on gaNesha, bhavAni,
>durga (including most popular >work soudaryalahari) in a doubt whether these
>works are from the pen of bhAshyakAra.

Yes that assumption can be made, but as you point out it creates more problems
which traditionalists are not comfortable addressing.

But see my other thread: AchArya explicitly implies that those with sAttvika
mind will never worship the sapta mAtR^ika-s!! So the question like many think
is not whether devata-s should be worshipped in sAttvika or tAmasik way.. The
actual issue is he considers some popular devata-s as completely tAmasik fit for
worship only by tAmasik people. Please see other thread.