[Advaita-l] Tantric Acts

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 23:39:33 CST 2011

>This Maithuna by groups allowed in Tantric books? If it is in books
>what is meaning behind this?

That is part of chakra pUja and is *infinitely and incomprehensibly*(mark these
two words!!) different from what was written in that book. The meaning is not
something that can be explained in a few words(let me confess i dont understand
it completly either). Reams of explanation will do nothing if the one receiving
is not in the correct frame of mind or ripe enough. These are meant only for
some individuals and they are impossible to perform these days and some aspects
of these rituals are no longer relevant in this day and age due to some
irrepairable damage done to the Indian society. Thanks to the English - In many
ways they completely botched up the avg Indian mind with their Christian
influenced juvenile way of looking at religious issues. Most Indians do not even
know that a big chunk of their world-view is no longer Hindu/Indian. Actually no
need to blame the English completely - a lot of factors contributed to this.

>I remember reading in the Mahabharata that a primitive version of gandharva
>vivaha was the norm in the early days

baudhAyana in his dharma sUtra says that this is the best form of marriage as it
is born out of mutual love.