[Advaita-l] aham brahmasmi in Bhagavatam

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 07:34:38 CST 2011

Kindly give reference with Brahma Sutra Adhyaya and Adhikarana of Adi
Sankara's Bhashya. As far as I know he said God Brahman is cause of
Universe but Universe is like a illusion on him. Advaita is the only
philosophy to answer why there are bad things in the world like cruel
men, people suffering poverty, hunger and all this if Perfect God
created it. All this bad things are not real. This is a most
comforting answer given by Advaita. We can not feel bad about the bad
things in life. If God created real Universe this question cannot have
a comforting answer to those suffering.  And God is Atma also. He
cannot have 'transcendental activities and qualities' because there
will be Duality. This is against Sruti. Only Advaita is finally true.
The activities like dancing with Gopis are true in Vyavahara but not
in Paramartha.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh