[Advaita-l] The Advaita Tradition of Shankara

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Dec 14 06:10:36 CST 2011

praNAms Sri Subhanu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

>  thanks for taking time to write this erudite article on advaita tenets.
I've small doubt here with regard to your below point, hope you would
clarify.

Second, whenever the mind is said to operate, ignorance is simultaneously
said to operate. When there is no
mind there is no ignorance and vice versa.

>  you seem to say here wherever mind is in operation, ignorance
invariably/simultaneously in action.  When there is no mind there is no
avidyA.  Is this true in the case of Atma jnAni also prabhuji??  Because
we have been seeing jnAni operates through his antaHkaraNa!! does it mean
that jnAni too have this ignorance prabhuji??  One may argue since jnAni
too operates through upAdhi-s/antaHkaraNa, in him too ignorance is
operating!!??  Pls. clarify whether his 'association' with upAdhi
(antaHkaraNa/mind) is avidyA or 'operation/utilization' of his antaHkaraNa
is avidyA??

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar